Today at Thiel
THIEL INDUCTS NEW MEMBERS INTO ALPHA CHI HONORARY
April 4, 2012
|Pictured are the new members of Alpha Chi honorary society at Thiel College.
GREENVILLE, PA –Thiel College inducted 19 students into the Pennsylvania Theta Chapter of Alpha Chi, a national honorary fraternity that recognizes students who have achieved high academic standing, on Friday, March 30.
Students inducted included:
- Paul Auchter, a junior biology major from Sharpsville, Pa.
- Eleanor Belleau, a senior accounting and business administration major from Warren, Pa.
- Michelle Blose, a senior neuroscience and psychology major from Tarentum, Pa.
- Marion Edwards, a senior mathematics and actuarial studies major from Corry, Pa.
- Caitlin Ferry, a junior communication sciences and disorders major from Brookville, Pa.
- Joseph Hertzog, a junior history major from Butler,Pa.
- Alex Johnson, a senior mathematics and actuarial studies major from Newton Falls, Ohio.
- Megan Kay, a senior elementary education major from Girard, Ohio.
- Lisa Leonhard, a junior English writing major from Kinsman, Ohio.
- Matthew Lowry, a senior mathematics and actuarial studies major from Fairchance, Pa.
- Amy Matchett, a senior English literature and psychology major from Bulger, Pa.
- Darren McAninch, a senior environmental science major from Sharpsville, Pa.
- Chelsea Meister, a junior criminal justice studies and political science major from Napoleon, Ohio.
- Julie Novotny, a senior elementary education major from Madison, Ohio.
- Kayla Ohlin, a senior accounting and business administration major from New Middletown, Ohio.
- Regis Wagner, a junior sociology major from Collegeville, Pa.
- Emily Whipple, a senior English (secondary education certification) major from Rochester, Pa.
- Katey Williams, a junior business communication major from Shelocta, Pa.
- Elizabeth Yurky, a senior elementary education major from Indiana, Pa.
Alpha Chi is a national honorary fraternity that recognizes those students who have achieved high academic standing. Membership is open to juniors with a grade point average of 3.7 and a class rank in the top five percent and seniors with a grade point average of 3.6 and class rank in the top 10 percent. Founded in 1922, Alpha Chi is one of only four national scholarship societies admitting to membership superior junior and senior students irrespective of their fields of study. On the 290 campuses with chapters, Alpha Chi membership is the highest academic honor that can be awarded.
About Thiel College
Thiel College is a liberal arts, sciences and professional studies institution located in Greenville, Pa., that provides a great balance of academic challenge, personal and social involvement, and exceptional value to its 1,100 students. For more information about Thiel College, visit www.thiel.edu or call 800-24-THIEL.