Campus employment opportunities for students are considered a financial resource, and are included in the student’s financial aid package. As such, student applications for campus employment must be submitted to and approved by the Financial Aid Office. Those students with greatest financial need will be given preference for campus
employment opportunities for each academic year.
Students receiving full tuition benefits, either through parent employment at Thiel or a participating tuition exchange institution, or as a result of receiving a full-tuition scholarship, may be considered for any remaining student employment opportunities, but such employment may affect other forms of financial aid for which the student may be eligible.
The College normally does not permit the employment of any close relatives within the same department. Likewise, persons in a close personal relationship should not normally be employed in a supervisor-subordinate relationship, in order to avoid favoritism or the appearance of preferential treatment. Please see the Thiel College Employee Handbook for more information regarding employment of relatives.
How do I get a job On-Campus?
- Student shows interest by filling out an Application in the Student Employment Office (SEO), which is located in the Financial Services office.
Click here for online Student Employment Application
- SEO keeps a current database of applicants and is continuously kept informed of open positions by departments.
- Open positions will be posted on the web or in the Financial Services office.
- SEO will direct applicants to applicable departments. Student will then interview with department.
- Supervisor will notify the Student Employment office by e-mail or phone that the student was hired as well as number of hours and pay rate.
- Student will be notified by student employment office that they were hired and will be asked to complete paperwork at the SEO.
- Once student has completed the proper paperwork, the SEO will notifiy the supervisor that student is permitted to work.
- Student will meet supervisor to schedule hours and begin working.
Note: Students who continue to be enrolled at Thiel or who have been admitted for enrollment at Thiel shall be given priority for student employment within the College. Thiel summer full-time employment for students is by priority. Only after all applications from such students have been exhausted may non-Thiel College persons be employed.
QUESTIONS? Contact Rose Egelsky at Ext. 2116 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in the Financial Services office.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT RESOURCES
STUDENT MONTHLY TIMESHEETS