Every year, a banquet is held to honor the “The Entrepreneur of the Year” award winner and “The Student Entrepreneur of the Year” award winners. This ceremony also gives students a chance to meet successful business owners from across the state.
Entrepreneur of the Year Award Recipients
- 2019 - Mike Zawoysky ’79, retired CEO for Shoe Sensation Inc.
- 2018 - Catherine Mott, Founder of BlueTree Capital Group
- 2017 - John Thigpen ’86, President of ILSCO Corporation
- 2016 - Carol A. (Yeager) '71 and Barry D. Stamm, M.D. '70, Founders of Stamm Cataract and Laser Surgery
- 2015 - James M. Parker, Ph.D. '64, President of Strategic Bioscience Corporation
- 2014 - John Frangakis, Chairman and CEO of Reynolds Services, Inc.
- 2013 - Joe Roosa '80, President of Roosa Corporation
- 2012 - Kim Tillotson Fleming, CFA, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Hefren-Tillotson, Inc.
- 2011 - Joseph A. George, CEO, Joy Cone Company
- 2010 - Harvey Childs, Founder and Chairman of the Board, Bail USA
- 2009 - O.D. Anderson Family, Anderson Coach & Travel
- 2008 - Dale W. Deist, President and Owner, Bucks Fabricating
- 2007 - Richard D. Huether '74, President and CEO, Independent Can Company
- 2006 - John M. Hudson, President & Managing Partner, Hudson Companies
- 2005 - Carl A. Hoffman Jr., D.O. '69, President and Medical Director, PrimeCare Medical
- 2004 - Frederic C. Haer '65, Founder and Owner, FHC, Inc.
- 2003 - Gene Kirila II, G.K. Ventures
- 2002 - William E. Phillips '54, Owner and CEO, Niles Expanded Metals
- 2001 - Henry E. "Hank" Stickney, Chief Executive Officer, Mandalay Sports Entertainment
- 2000 - Barry Sabol, Ph.D. '74, President, Strategic Consumer Research, Inc.
- 1999 - Erik Buell, Chairman, Buell Motorcycle Co.
- 1998 - Howard J. Weyers '56, President, Weyco, Inc.
- 1997 - A. Warne Boyce, Chairman, Microbac Laboratories, Inc.
- 1996 - Dr. William S. Dietrich II, President, Dietrich Industries, Inc.
- 1995 - James A. Frye, Founder, Italian Oven, Inc.
Student Entrepreneur of the Year Award Recipients
- 2019 - Justin Pearce ’20, Massive Gains Apparel
- 2018 - Randy Santarelli, RS Outfitters
- 2017 - Greg Galbo, Automotive Parts and Athletic Shoe Reseller
- 2016 - Brant E. Dencher, Insurance Agent
- 2011 - Thomas A. Besser, Besser Machine
- 2007 - Paul Sargent, Sargent's Textbook Spot
- 2006 - Sarah L. Brich, Autumn Moon Yoga
- 2005 - Fall: Adam Guthrie, Buzard Monument Cleaning, Spring: Philip W. Troutman, New View Web Site Design
- 2003 - Fall: Susan E. Guiler, Tax Service, Spring: Michael A. Boiano, Campus Corner
- 2002 - Christopher J. Burgess, College Pro Painters