Thiel College inducts newest members of its top academic society
Posted January 28, 2020
GREENVILLE, Pa.—The Thiel College chapter of Alpha Chi recently inducted its 13 new members.
Lexi Callander ’20, Andrew Cavender ’20, Jacob Derue ’20, Zechariah Dubel ’20, Macey Garland ’19, Emily Groves ’20, Laura Hardner ’20, Sophia Kostoff ’20, Kiersten Peabody ’20, Jacob Paci ’20, Chad Pakozdi ’21, Crystal Sams ’20 and Taylor Williams ’20 were inducted as part of a ceremony in the David Johnson Memorial Chapel on Jan. 17.
- Callander, of Knox, Pa., is a 2016 graduate of Keystone (Knox, Pa.) Junior-Senior High School and is an early childhood education and special education major.
- Cavender, of Warren, Ohio, is a 2017 graduate of Howland (Warren, Ohio) High School and is a conservation biology major.
- Derue, of Pennfield, N.Y., is a 2016 graduate of Fairport (Fairport, N.Y.) High School and is a quadruple major in criminal justice, political science, psychology and sociology.
- Dubel, of Greenville, Pa., is a 2016 graduate of Reynolds (Reynolds, Pa.) High School and is a triple major in accounting, business administration and criminal justice.
- Garland, of Mineral Ridge, Ohio, is a 2016 graduate of Mineral Ridge High School and graduated in December as a religion major.
- Groves, of Greenville, Pa., is a 2017 graduate of West Middlesex (West Middlesex, Pa.) High School and is a triple major in business administration, information systems and computer science major.
- Hardner, of Erie, Pa., is a 2016 graduate of Collegiate Academy (Erie, Pa.) and is a psychology major.
- Kostoff, of Akron, Ohio, is a 2017 graduate of Our Lady of Elms (Akron, Ohio) High School and is an English major.
- Peabody, of Greenville, Pa., is a 2017 graduate of Greenville High School and is a triple major in philosophy, political science and public policy.
- Paci, of Brownsville, Pa., is a 2016 graduate of Bethlehem Center (Fredericktown, Pa.) High School and is a double major in criminal justice and politic science.
- Pakozdi, of Butler, Pa., is a 2017 graduate of Butler High School and an environmental science major.
- Sams, of Emporium, Pa., is a 2016 graduate of Cameron County (Emporium, Pa.) Junior-Senior High School and is an early childhood education/special education major.
- Williams, of Tuscarawas, Ohio, is a 2017 graduate of Indian Valley (Gnadenhutten, Ohio) High School and is a communication sciences and disorders major.
Alpha Chi National College Honor Society invites to membership juniors, seniors, and graduate students from all disciplines in the top ten percent of their classes. Active on nearly 300 campuses nationwide, chapters induct approximately 11,000 students annually. Since the Society's founding in 1922, Alpha Chi members have dedicated themselves to “making scholarship effective for good.” Alpha Chi is a member in good standing of the Association of College Honor Societies, the only national accrediting body for collegiate honor societies.
Office of Admission
About Thiel College
Thiel College is an independent college founded in the Lutheran tradition. Located in Greenville, Pa., the College offers 60 majors and minors, 24 varsity sports, and an 11:1 student-faculty ratio. The College is also home to a new Master of Science in speech-language pathology and 2Master of Business Administration. Both master’s degree programs offer innovative and accelerated five-year paths which allow students to earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years. The speech-language pathology program also has an accelerated 15-month graduate-level program. The M.B.A. program also has a 12-month post-graduate program.A dedicated faculty paired with dynamic research and internship opportunities produce numerous graduate school and job placements. Coeducational from its beginnings, the College remains committed to combining tradition with innovation as it celebrates 150 years.