Public Safety Administrative Assistant
Thiel Public Safety department seeks qualified candidates for the position of Public Safety Administrative Assistant.
This full-time, 12 month position is responsible for operating the College telephone console in a friendly and courteous manner following College and departmental guidelines, protocols and procedures; performs clerical functions of the Public Safety department; coordinates fleet vehicle scheduling, service and maintenance, local student shuttle program, and processes ID cards and parking passes.
Qualified candidates must pass extensive background screenings and fingerprinting.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred/high school degree or equivalent required.
- Previous console or dispatch experience preferred.
- Ability to operate phone console, radio dispatch, computer, and other office equipment; proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and data entry programs; effective customer service, oral, and written communication skills; ability to relate with diverse populations; strong record keeping skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represent the college in a professional manner, including but not limited to conveying information accurately and courteously, answering and directing calls through a central console (including emergency calls), maintaining confidentiality, and providing good customer service.
- Maintain proper records.
- Observe and report on fire and security systems.
- Maintain Public Safety files and databases and produce departmental reports.
- Manage the development and distribution of ID cards and parking passes.
- Coordinate fleet vehicles and shuttle service, including maintenance appointments and recoding keeping for fleet and police vehicles, and the hiring, training, and supervision of shuttle drivers.
- Generate correspondences for the Public Safety department as needed.
- Distribute room and vehicle keys.
- Assist in compliance efforts such as Clery Act, Uniform Crime Reports, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skill and Abilities:
- Efficient office procedures and current technology.
- Interpersonal and written communication.
- Exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Work within the general range of an office environment, including filing, telephone use, and handwriting.
- Use manual dexterity.
- Perform repetitive keyboard activity.
- Minimally lift and/or carry functions greater than 25 lbs.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, initiative and independence.
- Work with confidential and sensitive information.
Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8am – 4pm, but some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application materials must be attached in a single PDF document using candidate’s last name as the document title.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.