Thiel Fund Director
Thiel College is seeking a talented, dynamic and energetic professional to lead its Thiel Fund Program.
Thiel College seeks a director to lead a vibrant annual fund program that maximizes the College’s social and multimedia connections. This director position will advance the annual fund operations planning, developing and executing strategies for repeatable gift income and increased participation from alumni, parents, and faculty/staff, while supporting the greater development and fundraising goals of the College.
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Director provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for all aspects of annual giving for the College. The Director of the Thiel Fund will oversee the designing, planning, execution and assessment of an integrated, comprehensive, and strategic fundraising plan to increase annual support for Thiel College.
The Thiel College Annual Giving program includes: integrated direct marketing via mail, phone, social/digital and email with an emphasis on growing the Thiel Fund through personal solicitation.
- Lead annual giving initiatives focusing on oversight of direct marketing, phone and alumni solicitation from all College constituencies.
- Present the College's financial needs and funding goals articulately, persuasively and with confidence by examining the budget for annual giving in relation to return on investment.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team and the Vice President for Advancement regularly to ensure the success of the direct mail, electronic communications, giving day initiatives, phone programs, and reunion giving.
- Collaborate with members of the Advancement department to coordinate the recruitment and solicitation of annual giving prospects.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Team on student/alumni/engagement, pipeline development, gift progress, analysis and stewardship, and contribute to ongoing fundraising analysis, program development, strategic planning and forecasting.
- 5 years of fundraising or sales experience with an emphasis on direct marketing, communications, or commensurate skills and experience;
- Ability to cultivate new donors, grow annual fund programs and manage an annual fund prospect pool;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to look at data and draw conclusions to inform strategies;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Familiarity with tracking systems and a high degree of comfort with using technology to communicate and share information;
- Ability to advocate for a strong partnership between engagement activities and philanthropy in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a deadline- driven, team environment;
- Ability to work with a diverse and inclusive community;
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information while providing the highest level of service to a variety of constituents;
- A deep appreciation for and an ability to successfully articulate the educational mission and aspirations of Thiel College to build support for the College's vision of the future.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.
Submit letter of interest, resume, and at least three professional references. Click here to apply (preferred), or send materials to: Jennifer Clark, Director of Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.